We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, Seizure & Brain Injury Centre has put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, due to the design of the Internet, no method of transmission over the Internet or mobile device is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be absolutely secure or free from unauthorized access by third parties.
We do not seek to nor knowingly collect or maintain information from those under the age of 18. No part of the Website is structured to attract anyone under 18. By using the Website, you represent that you are not under 18 years of age. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. To do so, contact Seizure & Brain Injury Centre through the information provided below in the “How To Contact Us” section. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information.
Seizure & Brain Injury Centre collects certain information from you in order to provide you with the benefits of using the Website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Seizure & Brain Injury Centre uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies helps Seizure & Brain Injury Centre provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Information for the following reasons:
● to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions, or to contact you otherwise when necessary
● for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered
● to track your use of the Website for internal market research
● to improve the Website and the products and services Seizure & Brain Injury Centre promotes or provides through the Website
● to ask for your participation in brief surveys
● to notify you about updates to the Website or other services
● to be provided to Seizure & Brain Injury Centre affiliates or third parties in connection with the legitimate business purposes of Seizure & Brain Injury Centre or the Website, including for external processing of such Personal Information
● to be provided to third parties for the legitimate business purposes of those third parties, including advertising
● to generate aggregate statistical studies
● in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the Website
● to publish in articles, stories, collections and other publications for other business purposes
Your provision of Personal Information online through the Website or through information collected online on behalf of Seizure & Brain Injury Centre constitutes your affirmative consent that we may use your Personal Information as described above and that we may contact you by email, fax, and other communications for any of the uses stated above. See the “How to Opt Out of Email Communications” section below for information regarding opting out of email communications.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
● whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
● if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us. See the “How To Contact Us” section below for more information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be applicable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Seizure & Brain Injury Centre If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to Seizure & Brain Injury Centre We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. See the “How To Contact Us” section below for more information
If you provide your email address to Seizure & Brain Injury Centre, Seizure & Brain Injury Centre may send you product emails (e.g., e-newsletters) from time to time. If you do not wish to receive the particular product email, you may opt out of future emails regarding that product by following the opt-out instructions in the email.
Opt-out requests are specific to particular products. If, for example, you unsubscribe from one Seizure & Brain Injury Centre e-newsletter, you may still receive emails from us regarding other products, such as webinars or requests to complete surveys, all relating to Seizure & Brain Injury Centre Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal communications.
Opt-out requests will be effective after a reasonable period of time for processing.
In light of Canada’s e-communication laws, we require your consent has of July 1, 2014 to continue sending you this information.
Simply check off the “I agree” box to confirm your consent and you will receive emails and other electronic communications from Seizure & Brain Injury Centre including announcements, investment offerings, financial information, news, invitations to events and other items which we think would be of interest to you.
Click here to see Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation